- Clear a sidewalk path of at least 36” wide is required within 6 hours of the end of a storm. For owners of properties located on the corner, the path must include curb cuts and not simply a path around the corner of the property. A cleared sidewalk provides a safe path for pedestrians and school children.
- Park your car as far from the corner as possible. Cars parked too close to the corner impede the turning radius of snow equipment.
- Remove ice and snow from windows, mirrors, vehicle lights and hood and roof of vehicles
- Ensure your lights, heater and defroster are working properly.
- Stay tuned to local media for further updates for weather and traffic reports.
To learn more about snow and ice management, visit us online at http://www.philadelphiastreets.com/transportation-highways-snow-intro.aspx