Old City Online - Historic Sites & Attractions
Historic Sites, Museums, & Tourist Attractions
Betsy Ross House
- The Betsy Ross House offers a 360 virtual tour of the site on their website: http://historicphiladelphia.org/virtualbrh/
- Betsy is busy working from home, too, and has created a video series called ‘Betsy at Home’ https://www.youtube.com/user/historicphiladelphia and are shared on social media. They feature the Little Rebel herself, telling stories and sharing information about her time growing up in colonial Philadelphia.
The Constitutional Walking Tour
- Fireman’s Hall Museum is one of the nation’s premier fire museums focused on the preservation of Philly fire history. Our Philadelphia Fire Department Historian’s Blog chronicles the history of the department and its members.
- Expanded resources for parents and educators; including the Philadelphia Fire Department Educator's Guide with 6 lesson plans for students in grades K-2 and a fire emergency safety guide for families with special needs.
- Coming soon - virtual walking tours of Philadelphia's firehouses.
- Stay connected with us on Twitter and Instagram
Independence National Historical Park
For a list of virtual events, click here.
Independence Seaport Museum
- Visitors can head to ISM’s Digital Resources page to explore the Museum’s online catalog and online exhibits, a new digital presentation of our installation Light on Steel on Water, downloadable coloring sheets and links to our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for more daily content.
- Experience, explore, and enjoy the greater Philadelphia region – safely, from anywhere in the world, by visiting from home.
- Stay engaged and get excited for an in-person visit in the future by accessing educational offerings, children's activities, virtual exhibits, interactive "meet-and-greets," and live stream tours.
Kick Axe Philadelphia
- Join Us on @kickaxethrowing for Kick Axe Throwing® Find the Axe Emoji:
- Every week we will post a kick axe cabin image with a hidden axe emoji. The first person to find the emoji and DM us with the answer will receive two complimentary drink tickets to use for when Kick Axe Throwing® is open. Follow us @kickaxethrowing!
- You can now get all experience gift cards 30% off with code TOGETHER30. For every $150 worth of gift cards purchased, you will receive a den rental!
- ** please email the venue for available Den rental dates/times to schedule
- Stay connected with us online and explore our digital resources, including our social media channels, Virtual Museum Tour, and library of Read the Revolution selections.
- The Museum of the American Revolution is hosting a Virtual Spring Break from Monday, April 6 – Friday, April 17, 2020, with a line-up of choose-your-own virtual adventures including make-at-home craft activities using household items, virtual story time, living history demonstrations for all ages, and more.
- The National Constitution Center is launching a free eight-week series of daily live interactive courses on the Constitution for middle school, high school, and college students. Full details, including weekly schedules and topics, registration details, and information on the program structure, can be found HERE.
- Using the nonpartisan Interactive Constitution as a learning platform, the National Constitution Center will offer free classes to learners of all ages and will enlist thought leaders, historians, and judges from all perspectives to offer special lectures on the Constitution during the months ahead.
- The National Constitution Center will also be expanding its offerings of live public programs for adult learners of all ages about the Constitution over the coming weeks. Updates to virtual town hall programming, accessible from any computer or mobile device, will be posted here.
- The National Constitution Center announced the launch of a free virtual museum tour to engage audiences of all ages remotely during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond. The virtual tour allows online visitors to experience the Museum of We the People from their home computer, laptop, or cell phone, bringing the U.S. Constitution to audiences across the nation. Through the virtual tour, viewers can experience four of the National Constitution Center’s exhibits, including Civil War and Reconstruction: The Battle for Freedom and Equality; American Treasures: Documenting the Nation’s Founding; Signers’ Hall; and Hamilton: The Constitutional Clashes that Shaped a Nation. The tour is accessible through the National Constitution Center’s website here: https://constitutioncenter.org/experience/virtual-tours
- Enjoy the Museum and its content from anywhere with free digital resources for all ages and backgrounds. Take a virtual tour, explore our collection, relive special exhibitions like Chasing Dreams: Baseball and Becoming American, Leonard Bernstein: The Power of Music, and 1917: How One Year Changed the World.
"Once Upon a Nation" Virtual Programming by Historic Philadelphia
- Bring our nation’s history home with our new Once Upon a Nation Storytelling video series! Learn about Philadelphia’s past from our award-winning storytellers and get to know famous history makers like Dr. Benjamin Franklin and Susan B. Anthony.
- Youtube link to the video series
- Instagram: @historicphilly
- Facebook: @historicphilly
Science History Institute
- Our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) offer scavenger hunts through our digital collections to Twitter takeovers from various staff members.
- We are also presenting our weekly Lunchtime Lecture series online for the first time.
- Curious about the history of science? Explore our articles, podcast episodes, historical biographies, and digital collections easily from our Learn section on our website.
Spirits of '76 Ghost Tour of Philadelphia
The Tour Guy
- Interactive Virtual Tours and Cooking Classes