NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is sponsored by the Old City District (“Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Betsy Ross House, 36 Craven, Amada, American Kitchen Machinery, Art in the Age, Bella Bridesmaids, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, BloodMilk Jewels & Sphinx & Snakeskin, Chick Invitations, The Clay Studio, Erdon, GT Salon Systems, Historic Philadelphia, Inc., Hush Salon, Kick Axe Throwing Philadelphia, Khyber Pass Pub, Menagerie Coffee, Millésimé, Moko, Momo’s Tree House, More Than Old, Mr. Bar Stool, National Museum of American Jewish History, Old City Santa, The Olde Bar, Perfumology, Petit Jardin en Ville, Philadelphia Independents, Pierre’s Costumes, The Plough & the Stars, Root Market, Shane Confectionery, Smak Parlour, The Spa Terme Di Aroma, Sweat Fitness, United By Blue, Volume Hair Studio and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and contractors (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses and domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses and domestic partners) and/or those living in the same household of Employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Contest: To enter, fill out a postcard available at participating locations on November 30, 2019 through December 15, 2019. Select three decorated windows as winners (from participating establishments) and drop your postcard off at the designated mailbox at the Betsy Ross House (239 Arch Street) by 5:00pm on December 15, 2019. Entries may not be mailed to the Betsy Ross House or Sponsor. The entry must fulfill all Contest Rules to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and these Contest Rules. Void where prohibited by law.
Neither Sponsor nor any other party assumes any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected or undelivered Contest entries. By entering, each contestant (“Contestant” or “You”) accepts and agrees to these Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and decisions of the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the person whose information is listed on the entry postcard. If You use unauthorized or fraudulent methods, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Contest Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating in this Contest, You agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Contest Rules (as they may be amended by Sponsor at any time without notice), and You represent and warrant that You meet the Contestants’ eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to all aspects of this Contest.
4. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Saturday, November 30, 2019, 11:00am EST and ending Sunday, December 15, 2019, 5:00pm EST. All entries must be received by Sponsor no later than Sunday, December 15, 2019, at 5:00pm EST.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest will receive an Old City Prize Pack including:
1. One overnight stay at Philadelphia Marriott Old City, including breakfast for two (Not valid New Year’s Eve and subject to availability and blackout dates)
2. One overnight stay at the Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, including breakfast for two (Not valid New Year’s Eve and subject to availability and blackout dates)
3. Barry’s Buns extra-large Gingerbread House ($40.00 value).
4. Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium gift card for a haircut & shave
5. $75.00 gift certificate to Cuba Libre
6. Two tickets to one of FringeArts’ winter/spring 2020 shows, including Blue Heaven Comedy Festival and the High Pressure Fire Service series (show and date subject to availability; value TBD)
7. $50.00 High Street on Market gift card
8. Two drink tickets at La Peg ($20.00 value)
9. $30.00 Momo’s Tree House gift card
10. Four admission tickets to the Museum of the American Revolution. ($100.00 value. Each Anytime Ticket is valid for free admission to the Museum. Those are valid for one year until use and cannot be used for multiple entries. Anytime tickets are applicable towards general admission only. Must be redeemed in person. No Cash Value.)
11. $76.00 gift certificate to National Museum of American Jewish History gift shop
12. $50.00 Smak Parlour gift card
13. Voucher for two people valid for a Spirit of Philadelphia dinner cruise. (Subject to availability. Certain restrictions apply. Voucher not valid on holidays, fireworks or specialty cruises. Reservations must be made in advance by calling the applicable city reservation number. Please indicate voucher number when calling. You must present voucher at ticket booth in order to receive your boarding pass. If voucher is not present, you will be asked for another form of payment. Voucher is transferable, but not redeemable for cash. No refunds or exchanges. Voucher must be used prior to indicated expiration date. No extensions will be allowed. The value on this voucher will not be replaced if the voucher is lost, stolen or destroyed.)
14. 1 Month of Personal Training + 2 Personal Training Sessions Gift Card along with a Sweat Fitness Drawstring Bag from Sweat Fitness, valued at $199.00.
15. Two 28oz enamel mugs and two $10 gift cards to United By Blue’s cafe and shop ($64.00) 16. Volume Hair Studio gift card for a haircut (valued at $50 -70).
Estimated value of Prizes: Grand Prize: $1,852.00. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award.
The specifics of each part of the prize shall be solely determined by the prize sponsors; i.e., Barry’s Buns, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, FringeArts, High Street on Market, La Peg, Momo’s Tree House, Museum of the American Revolution, National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia Marriott Old City, Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, Smak Parlour, Spirit of Philadelphia, Sweat Fitness, United By Blue, Volume Hair Studio, respectively, in their sole discretion. Each prize may include an expiration date after which a prize may have no value. The Sponsor shall bear no responsibility for any prize, including the failure of a prize sponsor to furnish a prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or a prize sponsor (as applicable). Each prize is nontransferable, and may not be sold or bartered in any manner.
Each prize may include redemption rules, which are solely determined by each prize sponsor. The Old City District shall not be responsible for the failure, refusal, or inability of a prize winner to meet the rules of a prize sponsor.
Any and all prize-related expenses not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Rules, and which are incurred by a prize winner in claiming or using his/her prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor, Barry’s Buns, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, FringeArts, High Street on Market, La Peg, Momo’s Tree House, Museum of the American Revolution, National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia Marriott Old City, Renaissance Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, Smak Parlour, Spirit of Philadelphia, Sweat Fitness, United By Blue, Volume Hair Studio to use Winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without notice to prize winner or further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There will be one (1) winner of the Old City Prize Pack.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random by Old City District. The Winner will be notified by phone or email (whichever is provided by contestant) within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices for any reason, including due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return any documents required by Sponsor or a prize sponsor, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by a Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Limit one prize per person. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor will be the sole determiner of any violations, in its sole discretion.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, social media accounts, statements about the Contest, submitted entry, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In addition, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims of infringement, whether against You, Sponsor, or both.
9. Other Terms & Conditions: The application and interpretation of the Contest Rules, the award of prizes, and selection of the Contest Winner shall be determined by the representatives of Sponsor and may be changed or modified by such representatives at any time for any reason, and all decisions in that regard shall be in the sole discretion of such representatives and shall be final and conclusive. Entrants agree that in the event a legal authority, contest sponsor or insurer challenges the award of any prize, Sponsor shall have the sole right to determine whether or not to award such prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant for suspected or actual cheating and to prevent any person from participating in this Contest or receiving a prize award if that person does not adhere to Contest Rules or acts (a) in a manner that Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other person or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
The Contest is conducted in the English language. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Contest Rules, the selection or announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for the entry mailbox at the Betsy Ross House being unavailable or inaccessible for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to the premises being closed to the public. The entry submission deadline shall not be extended for any reason related to closure of the Betsy Ross House or inaccessibility of the entry mailbox.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Contest Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same person in excess of that allowed by Contest Rules; or the use of other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the physical mailbox or any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You assume all risk, responsibility, and liability for any personal or bodily injury, or death, or any damage or loss of property, including but not limited to any bodily injury or death to another person, arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest. You further agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor and the prize sponsors, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor and its affiliates do not make any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of any prize.
11. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of laws principles. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Announcement of Prize Winner: The winner will be announced on the Sponsor’s social media accounts and Sponsor’s website. The winner’s name and/or photos will be posted on the Sponsor website and Sponsor’s social media accounts.
14. Inquiries: All inquiries concerning the Contest should be addressed to the Sponsor, Old City District, at 231 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
The identities of the Contest Winner may be obtained by sending a request to the Sponsor’s address above within 30 days of the end of the Contest and by including a self-addressed postage paid envelope.
15. Amendment of Rules: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Contest Rules at any time, without notice.
16. The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the Betsy Ross House, the City of Philadelphia, or Historic Philadelphia, Inc. To the extent that all or any portion of the Contest is entered or conducted through or by Betsy Ross House and Historic Philadelphia, Inc., the Contest is subject and subordinate to all rules and regulations applicable to Betsy Ross House and Historic Philadelphia, Inc.