NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. The Contest is sponsored by the Old City District (“Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, Betsy Ross House, American Kitchen Machinery, Art in the Age, Betsy Ross House Museum Gift Shop, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, Bone Jour, Campo’s, the Center for Art in Wood, The Clay Studio, Cuttalossa, Erdon, Fezziwig’s Sweet Shoppe, Historic Philadelphia, Inc., Hush Salon, Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, Margot & Camille Optique, Meadowsweet Mercantile, Millesime, Moko, Momo’s Tree House, More Than Old, Mr. Bar Stool, Museum of the American Revolution, National Museum of American Jewish History, Nauti Mermaid Crab House, Never Too Spoiled, Old City Coffee, Old City General Store, Opportunity Barks, Philadelphia Independents, Philly Socks, Phil Kramer Photographers, Inc., Pierre's Costumes, Rennes, Scarlett Alley, Shane's Confectionery, Smak Parlour, Sweat Fitness, Terme Di Aroma, 3rd Street Hardware, 36 Craven, United By Blue, Urban Artisan Boutique, Xeno's, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and contractors (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses and domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses and domestic partners) and/or those living in the same household of Employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Contest: To enter, fill out a postcard available at participating locations on November 29, 2018 through December 16, 2018. Select one decorated window as winner (from participating establishments) and drop your postcard off at the designated mailbox at the Betsy Ross House (239 Arch Street) by 5:00pm on December 16, 2018. Limit one entry per person. Multiple entries submitted by a single entrant are void. Entries may not be mailed to the Betsy Ross House or Sponsor. The entry must fulfill all Contest Rules to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and these Contest Rules. Void where prohibited by law.
Neither Sponsor nor any other party assumes any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected or undelivered Contest entries. By entering, each contestant (“Contestant” or “You”) accepts and agrees to these Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and decisions of the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the person whose information is listed on the entry postcard. If You use unauthorized or fraudulent methods, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Contest Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating in this Contest, You agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Contest Rules (as they may be amended by Sponsor at any time without notice), and You represent and warrant that You meet the Contestants’ eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to all aspects of this Contest.
4. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Thursday, November 29, 2018, 5:00pm EST and ending Sunday, December 16, 2018, 5:00pm EST. All entries must be received by Sponsor no later than Sunday, December 16, 2018, at 5:00pm EST.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest will receive an Old City Prize Pack including:
1) One free night in a deluxe suite and breakfast for two at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia (Room rate and taxes only. Not valid New Year’s Eve; subject to availability and blackout dates).
2) Four self-guided tickets to the Betsy Ross House
3) $25 gift certificate from the Betsy Ross House Museum Gift Shop
4) A mug, Blokes T-Shirt, two pairs of socks, Candle, Blokes Comb, mints, lip balm, misc. haircare from Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium.
5) An item from Bone Jour (selected by Bone Jour).
6) Four cheesesteaks from Campo’s (Old City location only).
7) An item from the Center for Art in Wood (selected by Center for Art in Wood).
8) A vase by Ken Biedler, hand thrown form with an earthy brown glaze, 14" tall, 6" diameter, from The Clay Studio (prize vase selected by The Clay Studio).
9) A Turkish towels ( $38) with a matching hand towel ( $22) from Cuttalossa.
10) An item from Erdon (selected by Erdon).
11) A gift basket complete with Kettle and Caramel Corn, candy and caramel apples, fudge, cookies and a gift certificate good for use at Fezziwig’s Sweet Shoppe (gift basket contents and value of certificate determined by Fezziwig’s).
12) Gift card for Haircut and color glossing with Adrienne and Carlos of Hush Salon (value of card determined by Hush Salon).
13) A pair of women’s sunglasses (Ref: Chic 572 in color brown/green), from Margot & Camille Optique.
14) An item from Meadowsweet Mercantile (selected by Meadowsweet Mercantile).
15) A family of sloth stuffed animals and a unicorn horn headband from Momo’s Tree House (animals selected by Momo’s Tree House).
16) A family 4-pack of tickets to the Museum of American Revolution.
17) A $25.00 gift certificate from Old City General Store.
18) A Love statue and a Philadelphia Independents Mug from Philadelphia Independents (statute and mug selected by Philadelphia Independents).
19) An $80.00 value gift basket and $20.00 gift card, from Philly Socks.
20) An item from Rennes (selected by Rennes).
21) Hand Made wooden multi-candlestick by Richard Scarlett, from Scarlett Alley (selected by Scarlett Alley).
22) $30 gift card from Smak Parlour.
23) A 1 Month Membership + 2 Free PT Sessions from Sweat Fitness (terms as directed by Sweat Fitness).
24) Escape Spa Package (60 minute Aromatherapy massage and 30 minute Mini hydrating Facial) from Terme di Aroma
25) An item from 3rd Street Hardware (selected by 3rd Street Hardware).
26) An item from 36 Craven (selected by 36 Craven).
27)An item from United By Blue (selected by United By Blue).
Additional items may be added to the Old City Prize Pack, and prize items may be changed, substituted, or withdrawn, in the discretion of the Old City District and/or participating merchants.
Estimated value of Prizes: Grand Prize: $2,149.95. Actual/appraised value of each prize and the entire Old City Prize Pack may differ at time of prize award.
The specifics of each part of the prize shall be solely determined by the prize sponsors; i.e., Betsy Ross House, Betsy Ross House Museum Gift Shop, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, Bone Jour, Campo’s, the Center for Art in Wood, The Clay Studio, Cuttalossa, Erdon, Fezziwig’s Sweet Shoppe, Historic Philadelphia, Inc., Hush Salon, Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, Margot & Camille Optique, Meadowsweet Mercantile, Momo’s Tree House, Museum of the American Revolution, Old City General Store, Philadelphia Independents, Philly Socks, Rennes, Scarlett Alley, Smak Parlour, Sweat Fitness, 3rd Street Hardware, 36 Craven, United By Blue , respectively, in their sole discretion. Each prize may include an expiration date after which a prize may have no value. The Sponsor shall bear no responsibility for any prize, including the failure of a sponsor to furnish a prize. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each prize is nontransferable, and may not be sold or bartered in any manner.
Each prize may include redemption rules, which are solely determined by each prize sponsor. The Old City District shall not be responsible for the failure, refusal, or inability of a prize winner to meet the rules of a prize sponsor.
Any and all prize-related expenses not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Rules, and which are incurred by a prize winner in claiming or using his/her prize, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor, Betsy Ross House, Betsy Ross House Museum Gift Shop, Blokes Barbershop & Gentleman’s Emporium, Bone Jour, Campo’s, the Center for Art in Wood, The Clay Studio, Cuttalossa, Erdon, Fezziwig’s Sweet Shoppe, Historic Philadelphia, Inc., Hush Salon, Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, Margot & Camille Optique, Meadowsweet Mercantile, Momo’s Tree House, Museum of the American Revolution, Old City General Store, Philadelphia Independents, Philly Socks, Rennes, Scarlett Alley, Smak Parlour, Sweat Fitness, 3rd Street Hardware, 36 Craven, United By Blue to use Winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. There will be one (1) winner of the Old City Prize Pack.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Grand Prize Winner will be selected at random by Old City District. The winner will be notified by phone or email (whichever is provided by contestant) within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices for any reason, including due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for a winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return any documents required by Sponsor or a prize sponsor, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Receipt by a winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Limit one prize per person. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor will be the sole determiner of any violations, in its sole discretion.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, social media accounts, statements about the Contest, submitted entry, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In addition, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims of infringement, whether against You, Sponsor, or both.
9. Other Terms & Conditions: The application and interpretation of the Contest Rules, the award of prizes, and selection of the Contest Winner shall be determined by the representatives of Sponsor and may be changed or modified by such representatives at any time for any reason, and all decisions in that regard shall be in the sole discretion of such representatives and shall be final and conclusive. Entrants agree that in the event a legal authority, contest sponsor or insurer challenges the award of any prize, Sponsor shall have the sole right to determine whether or not to award such prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant for suspected or actual cheating and to prevent any person from participating in this Contest or receiving a prize award if that person does not adhere to Contest Rules or acts (a) in a manner that Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other person or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
The Contest is conducted in the English language. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Contest Rules, the selection or announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible for the entry mailbox at the Betsy Ross House being unavailable or inaccessible for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to the premises being closed to the public. The entry submission deadline shall not be extended for any reason related to closure of the Betsy Ross House.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Contest Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same person in excess of that allowed by Contest Rules; or the use of other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the physical mailbox or any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You assume all risk, responsibility, and liability for any personal or bodily injury, or death, or any damage or loss of property, including but not limited to any bodily injury or death to another person, arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest. You further agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor and the prize sponsors, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor and its affiliates do not make any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of any prize.
11. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of laws principles. As a condition of participating in this Contest, You agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than Your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Announcement of Prize Winner: The winner will be announced on the Sponsor’s social media accounts and Sponsor’s website. The winner’s name and/or photos will be posted on the Sponsor website and Sponsor’s social media accounts.
14. Inquiries: All inquiries concerning the Contest should be addressed to the Sponsor, Old City District, at 231 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
The identities of the Contest Winner may be obtained by sending a request to the Sponsor’s address above within 30 days of the end of the Contest and by including a self-addressed postage paid envelope.
15. Amendment of Rules: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Contest Rules at any time.
16. The Contest hosted by Sponsor is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with the Betsy Ross House, the City of Philadelphia, or Historic Philadelphia, Inc. To the extent that all or any portion of the Contest is entered or conducted through or by Betsy Ross House and Historic Philadelphia, Inc., the Contest is subject and subordinate to all rules and regulations applicable to Betsy Ross House and Historic Philadelphia, Inc.