Old City is so much Ben Franklin's neighborhood that you shouldn't be surprised to see him using a parking kiosk right next to his final resting place in Christ Church Burial Ground. His presence still permeates the buildings, streets and institutions of the city.
These are the must-see Franklin sites in Old City; the first group is all in Independence National Historic Park.
- The Benjamin Franklin Museum, the ideal place to get an overview of Franklin's life
- City Tavern
- Carpenter's Hall
- Christ Church and Christ Church Burial Ground
- The Liberty Bell Center
- The Liberty 360 show at the Historic Philadelphia Center
- The National Constitution Center
These sites are outside the Park:
- Fireman's Hall Museum, 147 N. 2nd Street
- Franklin Square, 6th and Race Streets
- The Franklin Institute , 222 N. 20th Street