Curious Histories Fest: A Taste of Water
Curious Histories Fest is an annual celebration of science, history, exploration, and experimentation.
The day will feature free hands-on activities and family-friendly fun, as well as exciting talks, tours, and highlights from our special collections. Visit our museum; talk to curators and experts; take part in performances, story times, and special events; and immerse yourself in curiosity!
A Taste of Water
This year’s Curious Histories Fest invites you to “A Taste of Water,” a daylong celebration of the water in your world.
Have you ever wondered about the water in your tap or bottle? Does water have a taste? Can it affect the flavor of food? How do minerals in our natural environment change how we drink, cook, and eat?
Join us for family activities, hands-on crafts, engaging talks, and yummy tastings, of course! Learn how global waters are affected by geology, sample oysters and beers from local watersheds, and let your tastebuds lead. Then visit our museum and see special collections showcasing strange and wondrous water histories. Enjoy food trucks, special guests, live music, and so much more.
Participating vendors and partners:
• Beer tasting with the Wissahickon Brewing Company
• Philly Water Bar with the Philadelphia Water Department
• Hands-on beer and water history with water scientist Gary Burlingame
• Global Water Bar tasting and history with Institute staff
• Iced tea tasting with Craft Tea
• Hands-on tea history with Institute staff
• Water-themed storytime with author Thembi Palmer
• Meet macroinvertebrates with environmental educator Stefanie Kroll
• Oyster tasting with the Choptank Oyster Company
• Pitruco Pizza food truck
• Schmear It bagel food truck
• Music by Vinyl Tap 215 founder DJ DuiJi Mshinda
Curious Histories Fest is open to all ages. Admission and programs are free; beer and food trucks are pay-as-you-go. No reservations are necessary.