HISTORIC HOLIDAYS IN OLD CITY
Celebrate the season in America’s most historic square mile with Historic Holidays in Old City!
Saturday, November 30, 11:00 AM–Sunday, December 15, 5:00 PM
Festivities kick off on Small Business Saturday, November 30, with the return of a charming new holiday tradition, Old City’s Window Decorating Contest! Wander the historic streets of Old City, and view the delightful displays designed by local shops, restaurants, museums, galleries, and more. Visitors are encouraged to vote for their favorite designs for a chance to win an Old City Prize Pack.
The contest will begin on Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 11:00am and end on Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 5:00pm. Click here for information on how to enter and complete contest rules.
Saturday, November 30
Support local businesses and shop small on Small Business Saturday! Old City is home to many unique shops, boutiques, art galleries, design showrooms, restaurants, cafes, salons, spas, and more. For more information about Small Business Saturday, click here.
TREE LIGHTING CELEBRATION
Thursday, December 5, 5:30-7:30 PM
The festivities continue with the third annual Historic Holidays Tree Lighting on Thursday, December 5, from 5:30-7:30pm. The kickoff celebration will take place at the Betsy Ross House courtyard (239 Arch Street) and will feature music performances, seasonal sips and bites, and a holiday tree designed by Old City’s Petit Jardin en Ville, a Parisian Florist and Garden Designer!
Sunday, December 22, 4:30 PM
Betsy Ross House, 239 Arch Street
For a calendar of holiday happenings around Old City, click here.
Philadelphia’s Historic District is the city’s premiere day-to-night destination this holiday season, with special events spanning nearly seven weeks. New in 2019, Historic Philadelphia businesses and attractions are joining forces to offer visitors a holiday gift that will keep on giving. The Historic Holiday Pass powered by PECO is the ticket to festive fun this holiday season. Passholders will enjoy discounts for museums, attractions, shops, restaurants. and more. For more information and to download the Historic Holiday Pass, go to visitphilly.com/holidaypass.
DOWNLOAD THE HOLIDAY PASS HERE:
- Philly PHLASH® Downtown Loop:
- PHLASH is currently operating a weekend-only (Friday - Sunday) schedule through Nov. 24.
- Daily service resumes for the holiday season on Friday, Nov. 29 through Dec. 30.
- Website: PHLvisitorcenter.com/PHLASH
- PHLASH® Holiday Evening Service:
- PHLASH will operate a special evening service and route to seven stops near holiday attractions, every Friday – Sunday, 6 – 10 p.m., from Nov. 22 – Dec. 29.
- Daytime fare will be accepted on the evening service, or an evening rate of $2 for an All-Night Pass will be available onboard vehicles after 6 p.m.
- Website: PHLvisitorcenter.com/PHLASHholidays
Explore the neighborhood and see everything Old City has to offer during the holiday season, including shopping, dining, historic sites, holiday events, and more!