Old City Window Decorating Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID PROHIBITED BY LAW. The Contest is sponsored by the Old City District (“Sponsor”).
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Employees and owners of Sponsor, Amina Natural Pet Products, Artist and Craftsman Supply, Damari, Elektra Vintage, Khyber Pass Pub, More Than Old, Old City Jewish Arts Center, Oui, Petit Jardin Ville, Philadelphia Independents, Red Parasol Café, Shane Confectionery, Old City Social, Independence Visitor Center/Philadelphia Visitor Center Corporation, Tommi Mischell International Design, any business subsequently added as a participant in this Contest (each a “Prize Sponsor” and collectively “Prize Sponsors”), and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and contractors (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members (spouses and domestic partners, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses and domestic partners) and/or those living in the same household of Employees (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Contest: To enter, submit your vote on November 25, through January 1, at www.oldcitydistrict.org. You must include your name, email, and zip code to be eligible to win. Limit one vote per person.
Alternative Way to Enter: You may also enter the Contest by sending a postage-paid postcard or letter with your name, address, email address, and phone number to: Old City Holiday Contest, 231 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106. Entries sent by mail must be received by Sponsor on or before December 29, 2023.
The Winner will be selected at random and announced on Friday, January 5, 2024. This winner will receive a $250 gift card to a Prize Sponsor of their choice, and a $250 gift card redeemable at the business of the Prize Sponsor with the most votes (the “Prize”).
The entry must fulfill all Contest Rules to be eligible to win the Prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Contest Rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of . The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and these Contest Rules. prohibited by law.
Neither Sponsor nor any other party assumes any responsibility for late, lost, illegible, misdirected or undelivered Contest entries. By entering, each contestant (“Contestant” or “You”) accepts and agrees to these Contest Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and decisions of the Sponsor. Entries will be deemed made by the person whose information is listed with the entry submission. If You use unauthorized or fraudulent methods, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Contest Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating in this Contest, agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Contest Rules (as they may be amended by Sponsor at any time without notice), and You represent and warrant that You meet the Contestants’ eligibility requirements. In addition, agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to all aspects of this Contest.
4. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Saturday, November 25, 2023, 9:00am EST and ending Monday, January 1, 2024, 11:59pm EST. All entries must be received by Sponsor no later than Monday, January 1, 2024, at 11:59pm EST.
5. Prize: The Prize awarded to the Winner of the Contest (“Winner”) will be: one (1) $250 gift card to the participating business of their choice and one (1) $250 gift card redeemable at the business of the Prize Sponsor with the most votes ($500 total value).
Estimated value of Prize: $500.00. Actual value may differ.
The specifics of each gift card awarded as part of the Prize, including the means of redemption and any restrictions, shall be solely determined by the Prize Sponsors; i.e., the participating businesses providing the gift cards, in their sole discretion. Each Prize may include an expiration date after which a Prize may have no value, in accordance with law. The Sponsor shall bear no responsibility for any Prize, including the failure of a Prize Sponsor to furnish a Prize. No cash or other Prize substitution shall be permitted except at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or a Prize Sponsor (as applicable). Each prize is may not be sold or bartered in any manner.
Each Prize may include redemption rules, which are solely determined by the Prize Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be responsible for the failure, refusal, or inability of a Winner to meet the rules of a Prize Sponsor.
prize-related expenses not specifically listed as part of a Prize in these Rules, and which are incurred by a Winner in claiming or using his/her Prize, including without limitation federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Entry into the Contest constitutes permission for Sponsor and each Prize Sponsor to use Winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and trade without notice to Prize Winner or further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible votes received. There will be one (1) Winner of the Two (2) $250 gift cards (total value $500).
7. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected at random by Sponsor. The Winner will be notified by phone or email (whichever is provided by Contestant) within five (5) days following selection of the Winner. Sponsor may require Winner to pick up the Prize at Sponsor’s office with proper identification, or, at Sponsor’s option, the Prize may be sent to Winner by mail.
Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices for any reason, including due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings, or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If a Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize within from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return any documents required by Sponsor or a Prize Sponsor, the Prize may be and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by a Winner of the Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE CONTEST RULES WILL RESULT IN THE WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. Sponsor will be the sole determiner of any violations, in its sole discretion.
8. Rights Granted by You: Except as set forth in Section 9 below, by entering this Contest, You understand and agree that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor, and Sponsor’s affiliates, licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, social media accounts, statements about the Contest, submitted entry, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. If the content of your entry, or any other information furnished by You, is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. In addition, shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims of infringement, whether against You, Sponsor, or both.
9. Announcement of Prize Winner: Notwithstanding Section 8 above, the Winner will have an opportunity to request that their name not be announced on the Sponsor’s social media accounts and Sponsor’s website. Unless the Winner opts out, the Winner’s name and/or photos will be posted on the Sponsor website and Sponsor’s social media accounts.
10. Other Terms & Conditions: The application and interpretation of the Contest Rules, the award of prizes, and selection of the Contest Winner shall be determined by Sponsor and may be changed or modified by Sponsor at any time for any reason, and all decisions in that regard shall be in Sponsor’s sole discretion and shall be final and conclusive. Entrants agree that in the event a legal authority, contest sponsor or insurer challenges the award of any Prize, Sponsor shall have the sole right to determine to award such Prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant for suspected or actual cheating and to prevent any person from participating in this Contest or receiving a Prize if that person does not adhere to Contest Rules or acts (a) in a manner that Sponsor determines to be not fair; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other person or the Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
The Contest is conducted in the English language. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Contest, including, but not limited to, errors in any printing or posting of these Contest Rules, the selection or announcement of any winner, or the distribution of any prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, , defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is also not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website (including but not limited to Google Forms, which will receive votes from entrants), or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Contestant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Contest or downloading or uploading any materials in connection with this Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, technical failure, or other cause beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Sponsor may select a Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violates these Contest Rules. Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited multiple entries from the same person; or the use of other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage the physical mailbox or any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering, assume all risk, responsibility, and liability for any personal or bodily injury, or death, or any damage or loss of property, including but not limited to any bodily injury or death to another person, or damage or loss of property of another person, arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest. You further agree to indemnify, defend, release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Prize Sponsors, and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any Prize or any portion thereof. Sponsor and its affiliates do not make any warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to warranties as to the condition, fitness or merchantability of any Prize.
12. Disputes: This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without regard to conflict of laws principles. As a condition of participating in this Contest, agree that disputes that cannot be resolved between the causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before the federal or state courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. You agree that any trial shall be without a jury, and to waive the right to a jury trial. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). You further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
Personal information collected by Sponsor will be used for administration of the Contest. As a condition of entering this Contest, acknowledge and agree that You may receive marketing and commercial advertising email correspondence from, or on behalf of, Sponsor, its commercial sponsors, and/or the Prize Sponsors. Sponsor uses reasonable commercial efforts to comply with Federal CAN-SPAM guidelines, and entrants may subsequently opt-out of receiving further emails. Any questions regarding privacy matters should be directed to the Sponsor.
14. Inquiries: All inquiries concerning the Contest should be addressed to the Sponsor, Old City District, at 231 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106.
The identities of the Contest Winners may be obtained by sending a request to the Sponsor’s address above within of the end of the Contest and by including a self-addressed postage paid envelope.
15 of Rules: Sponsor reserves the right to amend these Contest Rules at any time, without notice.